Thursday, August 15, 2013

Gift Closet Reorganization

To redo my gift closet has been on my list for quite some time but to be honest it looked like an avalanche! Very intimidating and unfortunately I'm not very good at taking "before" pictures. This is probably saving me a bit of embarrassment at this time so just imagine this closet with all my Christmas stuff from this past season thrown in there looking like an avalanche!

First, I was on a mission to find a shelving unit that would help me maximize the dead space in the back corners of the closet. I scored some sturdy plastic white shelves at Home Depot for $14.99. 


I bought 2 then 2 more for Kyle's closet which is next on my list! Look how perfectly they fit!


Here is my finished gift closet:
I used white laundry baskets from The Dollar Tree to optimize shelf space and make items visible and accessible. I spent $6 total for all the baskets! WOW
Since this is in my guest room, I wanted to have a place for guests to hang clothes. The shelves make this possible.



I like that I have everything here that I need to wrap a present. All the tags, tape, scissors and pens are in this green pocket organizer. Everything is organized and has a home that makes it easy for me to return items. That is essential in order to sustain organization ( and train your boys!)

Now tackle that avalanche!!! Next up... Kyle's closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment