Monday, August 19, 2013

Upcycle and Keeping The Memories


When my daughter was thirteen she decided for her birthday (aside from the teenage party) she wanted her bedroom redecorated in sunflowers. So with the comforter, curtains, pillows and all the little extras, as one of her gifts my mom bought her this little draw cabinet to hold all her CDs. 



I have had this cabinet up in her old bedroom for years and one day walking by it,
 I decided it needed a new home. 
Now that she is expecting her second son, she is working on his nursery.


 So I took all the drawers out sanded, painted and stained .
In doing this I found tucked behind one of the drawers was one of her little writings.. so sweet. 
I left this little memory.


Redoing this little cabinet was a surprise for her and now works well for all the 
new little booties and other little baby items. 
So what once held her little secrets and music now will hold her little baby's treasures.


This is why keeping and remaking the old into the new is sometimes so much better then going to the store and pulling something off the selves.



No comments:

Post a Comment