Monday, July 1, 2013

Monster Truck Birthday Party Part 4 - DIY Monster Truck Race Track


For the whole Monster Truck experience, please review Parts 1-3 for ideas. This was my favorite part because it is an original idea. I was brainstorming with my scrap ladies one Friday night on what materials I could use to create the track but keep it safe for kids. I am a HUGE fan of the dollar stores and knew I wanted to use the pool noodles in some way. My girlfriend Laura came up with the brilliant idea to use yard sticks. Here is how we did it.

1. Use landscape chalk to mark out your track.
2. Measure your checkered flags and hammer in yardsticks with a rubber mallot. We hammered them in approximately 6 inches deep and just eyeballed the distance between the noodles.
3. Cut slits with a box cutter along the side of the noodle so you can slide it around the yardstick.
4. Attach your race flags from noodle to noodle and complete the track. I cut out the words Finish for the final flags at the end.

Another, prop that was a HUGE hit with the kids was the case (36) of Tire Swim tubes that I bought at the Dollar Tree. We blew them up and stacked them. The kids had a blast stacking and knocking them down. 



The greatest part was....the guests were able to take their Grave Digger trucks, tire tubes and noodles home after the party. Who needs 20 pool noodles and 36 tubes???

You don't even have to wait for a birthday. This is fun to do as a summer activity. 

Special thanks to my parents and brother who helped execute on the crazy Monster Truck track. You know you love me and my crazy ideas!!!!



Let's start planning next year.......
~Jenn

Linked up to these blog parties:

BWS tips buttonSumo's Sweet Stuff
Skip To My Lou



No comments:

Post a Comment