Saturday, June 22, 2013

Monster Truck Party - Part 2

So, I had the invitations covered...now onto the fun stuff! If you are just joining us see previous post HERE.
Here is today's party list To Do:
  • Balloon Wreath
  • Pin the License Plate on the Monster Truck



I ran across Pin the License Plate on the Monster Truck on Pinterest....


I loved that I could personalize the license plates for each kid and you can pick your state! Too bad Virgina has a very BORING license plate!

You can purchase the digital files HERE. Then I sent the poster to Sam's Club and got a 16x20 poster for $5! The license plates I printed out on cardstock.

I can't tell you how much I loved this. I will totally use this again!!!

Let's be real, it was a great photo op for capturing party attendees!

One warning on personalizing items, ok two. 1) Make sure you have the correct spelling of each child's name and 2) be prepared for last minute additions. As you will see, I had a lot of personalization so ensuring that no child was left behind was important. Even if a child was too young for the activity, I printed the license plate anyway. The visual was just as important and feeling of inclusion were important.

Though I am covering this early in the Monster Truck story, this was actually a last minute addition. As if I didn't have enough on my plate! This took me a Friday Craft night with my girls and it was a long night. I would say 4 hours to put this bad boy together. Not to mention my thumbs were raw from the floral stick pins! Now you know I love my son, because I do not have the patience for a project that long!


I didn't take pics of the process, but the pin that inspired me has a great tutorial. You can view it by clicking HERE and visiting the blog Cupcake Diaries. Good luck!

Next Monster Truck Party post:

  • Monster Trucks - for each child built out of boxes
You won't want to miss this one! Check back!!!!
~ Jenn

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did with your balloon wreath!! Such a cute idea to match it with the theme of your party. Thanks so much for the mention! Very fun to find your blog! :) Alli @ cupcakediariesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to purchase the digital files for "Pin the License Plate on the Monster Truck" but I keep getting an error. Will you please email me at kneadedtouch@gmail.com with information on how to do that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete