Thursday, June 20, 2013

Monster Truck Birthday Party - Part 1

So this year as I was planning my son's 4th birthday party, I looked at the options. Chucky Cheese, Bounce Houses, local farms, aquariums, etc. We had done a zoo party last year and that was a great value for our money. If I am having someone host, then I am paying them to take care of everything so I don't have to stress.

Problem is most of the places I was looking at didn't meet this criteria. So, I cruised Pinterest. I looked at birthday themes and finally landed on a Monster Truck Party! My son loves Grave Digger and each summer we visit Digger Dungeon on our way down to the Outer Banks, NC so this was perfect!

To see the birthday ideas that I gathered from all over, follow my Birthday Love Pinterest board.

Luckily, I was starting to think about this wayyyyyy in advance. So I had time, resources and friends to help me brainstorm and implement. I got together with Cathy and showed her all my ideas and she added to the momentum. We were even talking about buying a monster truck and starting our own monster truck traveling to boys birthdays as a business. Wouldn't that be cool if a Monster Truck parked on the lawn and we could take pics of all the kids in it? See what happens when we get together????!!!
Here was my party list:
  • Invites
  • Lanyards
  • Balloon Wreath
  • Pin the License Plate on the Monster Truck
  • Monster Trucks - for each child built out of boxes
  • Monster Truck Obstacle Course
  • Wall O Tires
  • Favor Bags
  • Monster Truck cake
  • Pizza - LOL I needed something to be easy!!!!
Through a series of posts I will share each of these and the overall final results. I will share where I ordered items and how I made the things I made. Be sure to check back!

So the first thing was the invites. Etsy has so many Monster Truck options for invites and they were all so cool I had a hard time making up my mind. I finally settled on these......
Note: I blurred out our address information at the bottom.  No stalkers please!
You can purchase them from CustomGraphics4u on Etsy - HERE. There are so many themes to choose from. I will definitely be ordering from her again! She sends you the file and you print the invites on 4x6 photo paper. There are always 10 cents deals at Walgreens. Two are on a sheet so that is 5 cents and invite! 

I also ordered lanyards on Etsy from thatpartygirl - HERE. They were slightly more expensive 12 for $30 but I figured that by the time I bought the lanyards and printed the pic it would have saved me time and headache, so I splurged. My original intent was to give these as the invite; however, I wanted the kids to wear them to the party. Let's be real: When going to a birthday party we are lucky enough to grab the present, let alone the invite! So I decided to give the tickets and save the lanyards for entry. That worked great!


Welcome to my world of trying to capture moments with a 4 year old! Stay still and don't say cheese!
Note: You know the drill! Yes blurred out personal info :)

This was definitely the start of something good! Invites {check}, lanyards {check} - next up...Balloon Monster Truck Wreath and Pin the Licenses Plate on the Monster Truck! Stay tuned!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment