Thursday, July 4, 2013

Free To Be

Happy 4th of July!!

A few years ago I was involved in a circle journal and it is one of my treasured projects. 
If you are new to this idea, it's where you are in a group of others, each makes a journal and it goes around the list which also means it may go around the world, for people to add their entries to your book as you add to theirs. This one went out of the country a few times. 
 I picked the theme Free to Be. 



In making the cover I printed a copy of the Declaration of Independence off the internet onto velum. I then soaked it in light coffee water, wrapped in around the inside and added my own touches.




This was my inside layout and others added to the following pages. It was interesting to see what others thought freedom meant.



Inside I printed the following journaling:




Freedom means so many things to each of us differently. Not having any immediate family that serves in the armed services does not exclude me from feeling indebted to those that have, are, and will serve to keep us in a country of freedom. 

Enjoy your 4th and your freedom.
~Cathy

button

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! What a great way to record other's thoughts and your layouts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It was a group effort with a great inspiration in mind!

      Delete
  2. Your journal is beautiful! Thank you for sharing on Blog Stalking Thursday! I have featured this on Blog Stalking Thursday Features YOU! I would love for you to stop by and grab a feature button. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so honored!!!!! I am humbled by those who serve but freedom is always a positive inspiration!!!

      Delete