Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Kitchen Ledges- Awkward or Opportunity?

I have a love hate relationship with my kitchen ledges. I have never known how to decorate them and so I searched Pinterest with little to no luck. My goal was to use what I had on hand to create a visually appealing display. I did pick up a few pieces at the thrift store - cheater!

My parents are from Iowa and I love having the pottery around the house that reminds me of summers in Iowa. I had everything on hand here but the R. I think that was $5 at Tuesday Morning. 
I had all of these items on hand except for the wreath. I bought this for $1 at the thrift store. Though it wasn't perfect, you really can't tell from a distance.
The plate I picked up at the thrift store. I spray painted the Simple sign with Lagoon from Rust-o-leum. The lemons are actually a dishtowel that I purchased from Crate and Barrel for $5 and framed. Instant art! I didn't have pretty dishtowels on hand :(
The plate was another thrift store find. The apothecary jars with the tomatoes and limes in them are $1 store purchases glued together to make the jars. They are candlesticks and vases = $4 for 2 sets SCORE! 

The stool I spray painted lagoon so I had some consistency throughout the stories. Same idea with using the glass insulators in turquoise throughout the groupings to connect them. 


I have to admit that I had a hard time having open space but I love how it turned out! What ideas do you have?

~Jenn
Linked up to this party:

No comments:

Post a Comment