Tuesday, July 9, 2013

If you like Pina Colada's.....

And getting caught in the rain! Just getting into a Jimmy Buffett frame of mind for the concert on Saturday! Whooo! It made me remember this awesome Pina Colada Pound Cake recipe that I haven't made in a while.

For the most part I don't eat sweets - I just feed them to my hubby. Until....my hairdresser, Kristen gave me this recipe verbally and I just had to try it. The best part is that it is super simple and you can add alcohol! I am thinking Malibu Rum......

Ingredients:
1 pound cake mix
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
2 mashed bananas
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix everything together and bake. I love how all the chips fall to the bottom for a chocolately base. Those that don't like shredded coconut will not even notice the texture. I really want to try making a glaze with confectioners sugar and Malibu or Parrot Bay Rum. Yummmm...

Thank you Kristen - this has been a hit. I will be making lots of these in the future.....Enjoy!
~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment